RICK MAYNARD: BSc, MSc, ChPC, NCCP2
To help all riders to maximize their potential at natural horsemanship, dressage, jumping, and 3-Day event.
Emphasis is on safety, fun, and a “happy horse”.
COACH: EQUESTRIAN JUMPING, CANADIAN NATIONAL PENTATHLON TEAM
OLYMPIC GAMES 2012 LONDON (Recipient
Queen’s Jubilee Medal)
- PAN AM GAMES 2007, 2011
- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS ROME 2012 & GUATEMALA 2006
- WORLD CUPS – HUNGARY,ITALY, CHENGDU CHINA, MEXICO, GREECE
- SWITZERLAND CHAMPIONSHIPS, SPIEZ
- International Camp For North and Central American riders qualified for Olympics
COACH: JUMPING AND DRESSAGE
OLYMPIC/LONG LISTED RIDERS (coached as long time students or in clinics)
- Leonie Bramall, Dressage Olympics 1998, 1992 (student 14 years)
- Monica Pinnette, Modern Pentathlon Olympics 2004, 2008
- Kara Grant, Modern Pentathlon Olympics 2004, 2008
- Melanie McCann, Modern Pentathlon Olympics 2012, (2nd in Jumping London )
- Donna Vakalis, Modern Pentathlon, Olympics 2012
- Josh Riker-Fox, Modern Pentathlon, Olympics 2008, Pan Am Games 2007 Bronze Medal
- Oscar Soto, Mexico, Olympics 2012, 2008(8th place), Pan Am Games 2011 Gold Medal
- Tik Maynard, Modern Pentathlon Pan Am Games 2007, Olympics 2012 long listed. Student of 20 years
- Brian Morton, Show Jumping, Olympics 2012 long listed, student of 13 years.
- Olympic Short Listed 1976 and 1984 (3-Day event)
- Grand Prix Show Jumper since 1986
- Shown Prix St George Dressage, on Jennifer Maynard’s horse Radames
- Member of Canadian Polo-Crosse Team at World Championships Australia 2003.
- Gold Medal-World Show Jumping Championships for Equestrian Journalists. Finland 1990
- Author of Canadian Best Seller book “Horses in Focus” 1998
- Equine Canada Senior Jumper Judge
- Canadian Team Member at 1st Inter Pacific Rally Australia, 1959
- 3 sons: Tik and Jordan with Pony Club A, Telf B2 and Written A
- Wife Jennifer: Grand-Prix Dressage Rider and FEI-4 / PAS-Senior Para-Equestrian Judge
- Family owns Southlands Heritage Farm in Vancouver with 20 stall barn (boarders and lesson Horses) and a Heritage Orchard for Farm Camps.
London Olympics 2012